Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bloody Mary Dip

I was playing around in the kitchen the other day with an idea that I've had for a while. We were flying somewhere and Brett ordered bloody mary mix to drink and we were dipping our pretzels in it, which was really tasty. Ever since I have wanted to make a dip with that flavor. Here is what I came up with. It isn't perfect yet, but I need some feedback as to what needs to be tweaked. I think it needs more of a tomato flavor (which I think I can get with tomato paste), but I have had comments that it is too strong and comments that it needs more kick. Just for your information, it does strengthen over time, so if you leave it in the refrigerator over night, don't be surprised by the stronger flavor the next day. So if it sounds good to you, I would really appreciate your comments! Enjoy!

  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced and crushed
  • 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
  • 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Tobasco
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon dill

Mix all ingredients well in a bowl. Serve with celery, chips, crackers, pretzels, and anything else that sounds good!

0 comments: